Saturday, September 3, 2011

Tot School- 12.5 Months

Tot School
Grace is 12.5 Months

We had another fun week! I'm not doing anything formal with Grace, but we just play and have fun. Here's what we've been up to this week:

Books & Literature 

Gracie and I read several books this week. Here's a new favorite:

Snuggle Wuggle by Jonathan London

This is a cute book that wonders how different animals hug. Each layout shows a particular animal and describes how they hug using a different "nonsense" phrase, such as snuggle wuggle. Grace loves sitting on my lap and we try to hug the different ways the animals do. Some animals nuzzle noses, some hug topsy-turvy, etc. This book always brings out giggles-- Jonathan enjoys it too! Note: the board book version is abridged. 

Nursery Rhyme-- I said/sang Rub a Dub Dub this week as I was changing her diaper. 

Language & Vocabulary 

We continued to play with her alphabet box. This week, we focused on the beanie mouse and moose I put in there (to go along with Jonathan's read-alouds). 

Motor Skills

Grace is still cruising the furniture. She seems more stable and more confident, but isn't trying to walk unsupported. 

We continued to "work" on fine motor skills this week. She loved the stacking rings, she kept taking them off the dowel rod and putting them back on:



She also likes her Tumble n' Twirl toy. Jonathan had a lot of fun with this too when he was her age:




Creative Play 

We played with our thistle blocks and she tried to stack the blocks with me:





She also enjoyed playing with her babies, but I don't have a picture of this. I'll try to have one next week!



So that was Gracie's week! Head on over to 1+1+1=1 for more Tot School ideas! 



1 comment:

Jackie Higgins said...

She's a doll! Trying not to be too jealous over here in my wonderful world of boys ;) She's doing great with the stacking rings. I need to get one of those for Tyson, he'd probably still love it. I love the wooden one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...