Friday, April 29, 2011

On My Bookshelf- April 2010

Next week I'll be posting what we've done during our "e" unit. In the meantime, I thought I'd share what I've been reading:


The Mission of Motherhood: Touching Your Child's Heart for Eternity by Sally Clarkson

I've heard excellent things about Sally Clarkson and this is my first book by her. I haven't made it past the first chapter yet, but it's looking very promising. For those who are interested, an online book club is forming which will be reading another book by Sally, The Ministry of Motherhood. You can find more details here.

The Message of Isaiah by Barry Webb

I've been studying Isaiah in my daily quiet times. After I read and observe each passage, this is the commentary I turn to. I have to say, it's wonderful. It has really been helping me to see the big picture- how Isaiah fits in with the historical context as well as the Biblical message as a whole. I've read other books in this commentary series, but this one has definitely been the best so far.

Baby Steps: Exercises for Baby's First Year of Life by Susan Fox

I checked out this book based on a recommendation from Brightly Beaming Baby. It's written by a physical therapist and gives different activities you can do with your child to help them develop both their gross and fine motor skills. So far, it seems to have some good ideas. I'm reading it to find activities to do with Grace. Jonathan was much more interested in moving than she seems to be. I'm not really concerned- and I'm honestly thankful she's not crawling all over the house yet- but I'm still hoping to help her show a little more initiative in moving.

I'm honestly not a big fiction reader. I was trying to read a Karen Kinsbury series but stopped it halfway through. I do enjoy a good mystery story though- any recommendations? What's on your bookshelf?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...