Friday, March 11, 2011

RSV




Last week, Gracie was wheezing and when we brought her in to the doctor they put her on nebulizer treatments four times a day. My poor girl hated them at first, it broke my heart to have to give them to her. Last Friday was the roughest day for me. At least during the weekend my husband was home to help take care of her. On Tuesday, we got good news for the pediatrician that the worst had passed and she seemed to be starting to feel better apart from a lingering cough.

But Tuesday night Jonathan woke up with a croupy cough and was struggling to breathe. My husband rushed him into the ER where he was given a steroid to help him breathe as well as a couple nebulizer treatments. We were told that he had RSV which had manifested itself in a severe attack of croup. (Jonathan always gets croup whenever he gets sick.) So, we need to keep his activity level down.

Fortunately, Jonathan loves LeapFrog. We own several of their movies (such as Letter Factory) and I recently discovered that Netflix has several of the newer LeapFrog movies available for streaming. So this is how we've finished out our week:



So my plans for b is for ball and b is for boat will have to wait until he's feeling better. I'll try to get my Tot School post up this weekend and maybe share some more Reading Our Library posts. But, if I don't get to them, you'll understand why. Life comes first.

In the meantime, if you wouldn't mind lifting up a prayer for my little ones, I would appreciate it. Hopefully we'll be feeling better soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...