Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Update

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup (excuse the messy rim!)


I haven't posted in a week! Wow! Well, illness hit our home pretty hard last week and we're still catching up. Croup. Bronchitis. I lost my voice in the midst of it all and my wonderful husband worked from home to help me with the kids.

We had a lot of soup. Curried Cream of Chicken Soup, to be specific.

In other updates, Grace is also to a point where she's getting ready to go down to one nap. Part of me is thrilled because we can do more with our mornings, but part of me isn't sure how to entertain her while I have a project for Jonathan. Sometimes I feel like I'm just skating by.

I've also started working part time [5-7 hrs a week] for our church's children's ministry. I'm coordinating curriculum, supplies, etc. for grades 1-5. I'm excited because it's something close to my heart and training, it also provides that extra spending money that can be fun at times.

Anyways, I've also been wrestling a little bit with apathy in regards to blogging. I love sharing what we're doing, but the tension to get everything written down wears on me sometimes. Don't get me wrong, I still intend to be blogging, but just saying that sometimes I feel a little more introverted...

Does that every happen to you?  What do you do?

Curried Cream of Chicken Soup

2 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour
dash of pepper
3 cups chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded cheese (or more)
poultry seasoning
curry power
salt & pepper to taste

In a large saucepan, melt butter, then stir in flour and a dash of pepper. Add chicken broth and milk. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir one minute more. Stir in the chicken; heat through. Add cheese until soup is at your desired consistency and flavor, then add poultry seasoning, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. 

1 comment:

Cody Family said...

I definately understand the challenge of entertaining a younger one while working with the older one. I think ours' are about the same age-- lately my little one wants to do everything his big sister is doing, so I'll try to modify crafts so he can do something like it, or give him crayons and paper in his high chair, or other little things he can fiddle with. Don't feel pressured to blog-- I just like to have a record of what we've done so I can re-create it later with other kids, but if I don't feel like writing something, I leave it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...